by Scott Zarcinas MD
Section 1 for this iCourse, How To De-Stress & Prosper, is now drawing to a close. Take a moment now to reflect on the issues that have been covered to date. You may even like to click the links of the highlighted points below to review the previous posts and refresh your memory.
- Dr Hans Selye defined stress in the 1930s as: “An inappropriate physical response to any demand.”
- Everyone has a unique personal relationship with stress.
- Stress is a noun, a verb and an adjective. Stress can be acute or chronic, “good” or “bad”.
- Stress is also a condition and a cause.
- Evolutionists explain the origins of stress on the instinct to survive, the “fight or flight” response.
- Figure 1: The Human Function Curve illustrates human performance against the trend of rising stress.
- To be 100% stress-free is to be dysfunctional!
- Stress is a mess! It needs defining –
- Stress is the physical and/or psychological condition of sadness, insecurity, unworthiness, unease and limitation.
- A Stressor is that physical or psychological cause of sadness, insecurity, unworthiness, unease and limitation.
END OF SECTION 1
NEXT SESSION: How To De-Stress & Prosper – 2:1 The Demand-Control Model
Don’t want to wait for the next session? The Empowered Living iCourse How To De-Stress & Prosper is available as a Companion Guide and ebook.
Click here to view more.